*NOTE: This position will be primarily based in Northwest Florida.
kglobal, a full-service communications firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., is looking for a media-savvy Senior Account Executive for a Northwest Florida-based position supporting our public affairs, commercial, and nonprofit clients. This involves engaging with members of news media to shape coverage in line with our clients’ communications goals. Tactically, that will regularly include pitching story angles, writing press releases, securing interviews, and more.
The ideal Senior Account Executive is a creative, idea-generating machine that can proactively identify opportunities to use these tactics amidst the regular news cycle. This person will also interact directly with our clients on-site at their location regularly, and must be poised and professional. While this position will be primarily based in NW Florida, the Senior Account Executive will not be averse to occasional travel to our D.C. office.
What You’ll Do:
- Interact directly with our clients, often face-to-face, and serve as our regular point of contact to make sure the work gets done.
- Tactically execute key project functions as described above with minimal daily oversight, while also working with junior members of the team to keep things on track.
- Communicate closely with kglobal leadership and senior members of client teams to craft public relations/public affairs strategies.
- Constantly bring creative new ideas to the table to help clients break through the clutter and reach their target audiences.
- Add value to kglobal business development efforts through RFP responses and pitch meetings.
Who You Are:
- Communications professional with at least 3-5 years of experience pitching or working within the media, including online, print, radio, and particularly TV.
- Friendly and comfortable in a client-facing role: you will work closely with the client, often on-site at their location, and will be the day-to-day face of our company to them.
- Willing to travel: while this position will be primarily based in Northwest Florida, there will be occasional travel to our Washington, D.C. HQ.
- Go-getter: you proactively do what it takes to get the job done and take initiative.
- Intellectually curious: you ask questions and dig a little deeper for our clients.
- Team player: you chip in when your team needs help and willingly complete tasks not necessarily stated in your job description.
- Adaptable: changes in plans or last-minute requests don’t set you back – you adjust and keep going.
kglobal Perks + Benefits:
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance Plans
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off + Vacation Policy
- Business MacAir
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
- Excellent + Convenient Location at Farragut (3 blocks from all metro lines)
If interested, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please cite any specific examples of your published writing or past media opportunities.
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.