We are kglobal – a full-service public relations and public affairs agency based in Washington, D.C. Our team is comprised of communicators, strategists, marketers, writers, artists, videographers, and photographers from across the country. Our fusion of expertise and talent results in thought-provoking campaigns, unexpected solutions, and better outcomes for clients.
We are looking for a Head of Consumer PR to join us in the D.C. office. In this role, you will lead kglobal’s Consumer practice and will be charged with growing the agency’s consumer client roster through hands-on tactical business development and overseeing all consumer accounts. Your efforts will help position the company for significant growth. We are looking for a highly entrepreneurial leader who is assertive, driven, and focused on capturing and bringing new business to the agency as well as mentoring a smart and dedicated team.
The Head of Consumer PR will lead kglobal’s growing Consumer practice. This is an exciting opportunity for a senior leader to oversee the agency’s existing consumer accounts that include some of the largest brands in the world and to expand kglobal’s consumer brand footprint through aggressive business development. Qualified candidates will have extensive experience leading and mentoring a team, developing client relations, and attracting new business. An individual with a deep, broad skillset in public relations, marketing, branding and communications is key, along with a drive to produce results and provide excellent client service. Primary responsibilities include:
- Strategy: The Head of Consumer PR’s primary role will be developing and implementing the strategy to further grow the Consumer brand practice. This includes setting team goals and objectives and establishing team priorities. Additionally, this role will provide strategic direction for all Consumer accounts managed by the team (specific account responsibilities will vary) as well as client relations, account structure, and budgets. This role will also work with the other practice leads to inform the strategic direction of the agency.
- Leadership: This role plays an active role in the recruitment and management of the agency’s Consumer PR team with support from three direct reports. Adopting and implementing kglobal’s culture of superb client service, integrity, high performance, continuous improvement, and commitment to quality is key. This role will act as a mentor to the Consumer team using supportive and collaborative approaches to build and support their unique skill sets on a continuous basis and to advance their professional career. Additionally, this role will act as a leader agency-wide and support all employees as needed.
- Business Development: The Head of Consumer PR will build a revenue base by leveraging existing professional relationships and existing kglobal clients. This role will develop, define, negotiate, and close business opportunities in the Consumer practice.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 20+ years of experience with communications, public relations, brand management and/or marketing for consumer brands.
- Experience at a medium or large public relations agency is a significant plus.
- Significant background in developing client relationships and overseeing multimillion-dollar budgets.
- Experience leading, managing, and mentoring a team of 20+.
- Strong background in business development, with a track record of closing business and delivering revenue.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to secure and execute business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A business mindset with an entrepreneurial nature.
- Fundamental training in marketing, communications, and public relations.
- Collegial and collaborative with a deep need to support and guide a team.
- Character, intelligence, good judgment, and high energy.
- Executive presence, a dynamic professional style, and the ability to inspire confidence while maintaining focus on results.
kglobal Perks + Benefits:
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance Plans
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off + Vacation Policy
- Business Laptop
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.