kglobal is looking for a Document Imaging Specialist to aid the Corporate Communications Division in providing strategic counsel, planning, and execution of communication for the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) and Dam Neck Activity.
The Document Imaging Specialist will inform, promote, and market the successes of NSWCDD by:
- Supporting the development of content to be displayed on a network of up to 20 government-furnished video screens and central Digital Signages associated with the NSWCDD Digital Signage network
- Provide ongoing support of the collections including collection and document development, cataloging, processing, circulation, deletion, and disposal.
- Research technical reference requests via digital and hardcopy research methods. Access multiple government document repositories.
- Provide reference support, maintain print collections, online collections and subscriptions which include accounts for Library of Congress and FEDLINK.
- Scan documents of all types, catalog, and write/index metadata.
- Use the integrated library system software (EOS), make recommendations for improvement and report any malfunction or issues with the system to the govt.
- Access classified areas and provide controlled inventory services in support of the collection.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an archival process cataloging historic artifacts, photographs, and hard copy documents.
- Research, examine, and retrieve artifacts from National Archives and other appropriate agencies and interface with the community to acquire artifacts, communicate organizational history, document history through research and oral interviews.
- Create and manage web page links, perform maintenance and updates to Technical Services web pages and develops responses to inquiries and data calls.
- Assist at Command events including creation, set-up and tear-down of equipment and exhibits.
- Assist with products and services research and entry of information into IBPES purchasing system.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Active Secret DoD Security Clearance
- High school/vocational school diploma or GED certificate
- One (1) year of related experience in scanning and cataloging images and documents
- Computer literate proficient
Think that you have what it takes? Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
kglobal is a full-service agency that helps organizations communicate better. As a result, our commercial and federal clients build awareness, increase market share, influence policy, and protect their brands.