kglobal is looking for a Communications Strategist to support the executive planning and strategy of one of our Navy clients. As a critical member of this strategic communications team, this person will work in a highly visible environment focusing on communications strategy and alignment, media monitoring and message development and delivery. A successful candidate is creative, fast on their feet, and self-driven. Candidates should also have an active secret security clearance and previous experience with communications in federal government organizations, specifically DoD. Applicants should live in the greater Washington, DC area with the ability to work on client site in Arlington, VA, as requested by the customer.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a Senior Account Executive to provide mass media monitoring and analysis, with a specific focus on the news media
- Assess, analyze, and interpret the effectiveness of current media efforts (i.e. media interviews, web sites, blogs,) to meet the needs of the client’s intended audiences, working with appropriate stakeholders to develop and refine communication strategy as needed
- Conduct research and coordinate with appropriate stakeholders to produce information products that are designed to provide DoD leaders and communicators with information about programs of utmost importance, to include executive summaries, memos, and read-aheads
- Conceptualize, design and create informational materials to support communication plans, including, but not limited to: web-based materials, blogs, fact sheets and vignettes
- Assist with responding to media queries by coordinating with the appropriate action officer to track queries from receipt to completion
Who You Are
- You have an active secret clearance. (This is a must – please refrain from applying without one)
- Minimum 4 years of relevant communications experience (experience in a DoD or federal government environment a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Energetic, passionate, and intellectually curious
- Team player with the ability to lead others and be led
kglobal is a full-service agency that helps clients communicate better. As a result, our commercial and federal clients build awareness, increase market share, influence policy, and protect their brands.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.