kglobal, a full-service communications firm based in Washington, DC, is looking for a smart, energetic problem-solver and excellent writer to add to our team. The successful candidate will support long-range strategic communication planning and assessment on behalf of a U.S. government client. The candidate will develop and implement strategies to communicate with key audiences, and conduct assessment to measure the impact of campaigns. The ability to learn and adapt quickly, think critically, develop solutions to address complex problems and communicate effectively is essential. The successful candidate will be a proactive, hard-working and well-organized professional who excels at working with a team as well as individually.
Communication Planning: The successful applicant will conduct strategic communication planning based on extensive research and collaboration with stakeholders. They will also engage in communication integration and alignment efforts across various directorates, and monitor tactics execution. Candidates should have:
- Demonstrated experience with communication planning, including but not limited to: developing public affairs messaging and outreach plans based on research and analysis, identifying key audiences, designing and overseeing implementation of tactics, and producing briefings for leadership.
- Ability to translate broad concepts and complex processes into strategic messaging and talking points; ability to build logical, defensible arguments supported by clearly-articulated premises.
- Experience identifying and leveraging third-party advocates and influencers.
- Knowledge of U.S. military policies and priorities.
- Very strong research, writing, and editing skills.
Media Monitoring: The candidate will track, aggregate and conduct media analysis of events, operations, policy changes or other developments of interest to the client. Candidates for this position should be excellent problem-solvers, intellectually curious and academically rigorous. They should have the ability to develop and implement strong methodological approaches to measure impact. The idea candidates for this position will also have:
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of/ability to conduct Twitter and social media analytics
- Demonstrated experience developing and effectively employing Boolean search
- Demonstrated experience with policy or communications research and assessment
- Ability to identify broad trends and specific findings, and leverage both on behalf of lessons learned to inform future communication efforts
- Experience with media monitoring platforms including Cision, Sprinklr, etc. preferred but not required
- 6+ years of relevant experience in communication, as well as a bachelor’s degree
- SECRET Clearance or the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
- Experience with defense and government entities a plus but not mandatory
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jaime Lennen at email@example.com to apply.
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.