kglobal is looking for a Communication Manager interested in playing an integral role conceptualizing and developing compelling material – to help our clients tell an impactful and cohesive brand story. The candidate will work directly on an exciting new opportunity with a Department of Defense (DoD) agency. As a critical member of the creative team, the manager will work in a highly visible, fast-paced, time-sensitive environment to engage with a wide variety of DoD issues and create compelling messages and stories in the form of press releases, articles, feature stories, and news releases. The successful candidate is creative, fast on their feet, and self-driven. Candidates should also have an active SECRET security clearance and previous experience working with the federal government.
What You’ll Do:
- Write, edit, proofread, and copyedit a variety of documents, press releases, features, magazines, social media content, articles, and other journalistic articles
- Provide communications engagement support for events to include the development of messages to align with client initiatives
- Support the development of a Strategic Communications Plan to include research, data collection, metrics, and in-depth knowledge of communications strategy and execution
- Assist with the occasional creation of basic graphics and videos
- Support the development of content for a network of government video screens and central digital signage
- Schedule and track digital signage content using consistent messages from other communications materials
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or marketing and four (4) years of related experience OR 10 years of related experience in the field of public relations, public affairs, or journalism
- Proven ability to support communication programs and products, media relations programs, community relations, special events, and photography support
- Background in and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and After Effects. General working knowledge of MAXON Cinema 4D, Aerva Digital Signage, and Autodesk Maya a plus
- Proficient in writing, formatting, editing, and maintaining a range of print and digital media
- Knowledge of Section 508 compliance standards and how to create products that adhere to these standards
- Knowledge of NERDS (digital signage network) a plus
- Exceptional writer and copy editor
- Energetic, passionate, and intellectually curious
- Team player with the ability to lead others or be led
- Client is located in Dahlgren, VA; candidate must be able to work onsite full time
kglobal is a full-service agency that helps clients communicate better. As a result, our commercial and federal clients build awareness, increase market share, influence policy, and protect their brands.
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.