kglobal, a full-service communications firm based in Washington, DC, is looking for a smart, creative and energetic Account Supervisor to add to our team. The successful candidate will conduct long-range strategic communication planning and message development for a high-profile client at the Pentagon. Experience with defense and government a plus but not mandatory. The ability to learn and adapt quickly, think critically and communicate effectively is essential. Strong writing skills and problem-solving ability also required. Current or recent SECRET security clearance strongly preferred.
Develop client campaigns, including but not limited to: working with stakeholders to draft communication plans and messaging; producing and supporting production of communication products (news articles, blog posts and social media content); overseeing and assessing communication plan execution; aggregating news coverage; and, conducting traditional and social media analysis.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate will be a proactive, self-starting problem solver with strong organizational skills who excels at working with a team as well as individually. Candidates should be intellectually curious, diligent, hard-working, flexible and adaptable. Applicants should also have:
- Demonstrated experience with public affairs and/or communication planning, including but not limited to: developing public affairs and/or communication plans based on research and analysis, identifying key audiences, designing and overseeing implementation of tactics, and producing briefings for leadership.
- Very strong research, writing and editing skills, including the ability to translate broad concepts into strategic messaging and talking points.
- Understanding of and experience with public affairs, public relations, government relations, marketing and/or branding.
- Interest in/experience with media analysis and digital media assessment.
- 9 years of relevant experience in communication, as well as a bachelor’s degree.
- A SECRET clearance or – at a minimum – the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
kglobal is a team of motivated communications professionals who run integrated campaigns for corporate, non-profit, and government clients who want to shape public policy, influence opinions, or raise brand awareness. We are expert and world-renowned crisis managers. We create compelling content, engage key stakeholders, and define the conversation in order to help our clients reach their goals. kglobal is an equal opportunity employer.
Potential candidates should submit a resume and creative cover letter convincing us that you should be considered as a candidate for this exceptional opportunity. Please send all requested information to Molly.Mark@kglobal.com.
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.