kglobal, a full-service communications firm based in Washington, DC, is looking for a smart, energetic problem-solver and excellent writer to add to our team. The successful candidate will support long-range strategic communication planning and assessment on behalf of a U.S. government client. They will develop and implement strategies to communicate with key audiences and measure the impact of campaigns through quick-turn media analysis. The ability to learn and adapt quickly, think critically, develop solutions to address complex problems and communicate effectively is essential. The successful candidate will be a proactive, hard-working and well-organized professional who excels at working with a team as well as individually.
Communication Planning: The successful applicant will support strategic communication planning based on extensive research and collaboration with stakeholders. They will also engage in communication integration and alignment efforts across various directorates, and monitor tactics execution. Candidates should have:
- Very strong research, writing, and editing skills.
- The ability to translate broad concepts and complex processes into strategic messaging and talking points.
- The ability to build logical, defensible arguments supported by clearly-articulated premises.
- Experience with communication planning, including but not limited to:
- Developing advocacy or public affairs initiatives, and/or communication plans, based on research and analysis;
- Identifying key audiences;
- Designing and overseeing implementation of tactics; and,
- Producing briefings for leadership.
Media Analysis: The candidate will track, aggregate and conduct media analysis of events, operations, policy changes or other developments of interest to the client. Candidates for this position should be excellent problem-solvers, intellectually curious and academically rigorous. They should have the ability to develop and implement strong methodological approaches to measure impact.
- Bachelor’s degree
- SECRET Clearance strongly preferred
- Experience with defense and government entities a plus but not required
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.